1.Understanding the role of extracellular vesicles in age-related diseases and searching for biomarkers
2.The role of chronic inflammation in aging and age-related diseases
3.Molecular mechanisms underlying the effect of hydrogen
Understanding the role of extracellular vesicles in age-related diseases and searching for biomarkers
We aim to understand the role of extracellular vesicles or exosomes in age-related diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease and to search for their biomarkers.
The role of chronic inflammation in aging and age-related diseases
We aim to understand the role of chronic inflammation in age-related diseases and to search for novel biomarkers.
Molecular mechanisms underlying the effect of hydrogen
We aim to elucidate the mechanisms by which hydrogen exerts beneficial effects on health and diseases and to identify its molecular targets.
1. Kawakami K, Fujita Y, Matsuda Y, Arai T, Horie K, Kameyama K, Kato T, Masunaga K, Kasuya Y, Tanaka M, Mizutani K, Deguchi T, Ito M. Gamma-glutamyltransferase activity in exosomes as a potential marker for prostate cancer. BMC Cancer. 17:316, 2017.
2. Murakami Y, Ito M, Ohsawa I. Molecular hydrogen protects against oxidative stress-induced SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell death through the process of mitohormesis. PLoS One. 12:e0176992, 2017.
3. Kameyama K, Horie K, Mizutani K, Kato T, Fujita Y, Kawakami K, Kojima T, Miyazaki T, Deguchi T, Ito M. Enzalutamide inhibits proliferation of gemcitabine-resistant bladder cancer cells with increased androgen receptor expression. Int J Oncol. 50:75-84, 2017.
4. Fujita Y, Taniguchi Y, Shinkai S, Tanaka M, Ito M. Secreted GDF15 as a potential biomarker for mitochondrial dysfunctions in aging and age-related disorders. Geriatr Gerontol Int Suppl 1:17-29, 2016.
5. Mizutani K, Tomoda M, Ohno Y, Hayashi H, Fujita Y, Kawakami K, Kameyama K, Kato T, Sugiyama T, Itoh Y, Ito M, Deguchi T. The effects of cabazitaxel in renal cell carcinoma cell lines. Anticancer Res 35:6671-6677, 2015.
6. Yatsuga S, Fujita Y, Ishii A, Fukumoto Y, Arahata H, Kakuma T, Kojima T, Ito M, Tanaka M, Saiki R, Koga Y. Growth differentiation factor 15 as a useful biomarker for mitochondrial disorders. Ann Neurol 78:814-23, 2015.
7. Fujita Y, Kojima T, Kawakami K, Mizutani K, Kato T, Deguchi T, Ito M. miR-130a activates apoptotic signaling through activation of caspase-8 in taxane-resistant prostate cancer cells. Prostate 75:1568-783, 2015.
8. Kato T, Mizutani K, Kameyama K, Kawakami K, Fujita Y, Nakane K, Kanimoto Y, Ehara H, Ito H, Seishima M, Deguchi T, Ito M. Serum exosomal P-glycoprotein is a potential marker to diagnose docetaxel-resistance and select taxoid for prostate cancer patients. Urol Oncol 33:385.e15-20, 2015.
9. Kawakami K, Fujita Y, Kato K, Mizutani K, Kameyama K, Tsumoto H, Miura Y, Deguchi T, Ito M. Integrin ß4 and vinculin contained in exosomes are potential markers for progression of prostate cancer associated with taxane-resistance. Int J Oncol 47:384-390, 2015.
10. Fujita Y, Ito M, Kojima T, Yatsuga S, Koga Y, Tanaka M. GDF15 is a novel biomarker to evaluate efficacy of pyruvate therapy for mitochondrial diseases. Mitochondrion 20:34-42, 2015.
11. Mizutani K, Terazawa R, Kameyama K, Kato T, Horie K, Tsuchiya T, Seike K, Ehara H, Fujita Y, Kawakami K, Ito M, Deguchi T. Isolation of prostate cancer-related exosomes. Anticancer Res 34:3419-3423, 2014.
12. Kato T, Fujita Y, Nakane K, Mizutani K, Terazawa R, Ehara H, Kanimoto Y, Kojima T, Nozawa Y, Deguchi T, Ito M. CCR1/CCL5 interaction promotes invasion of taxane-resistant PC3 prostate cancer cells by increasing secretion of MMPs 2/9 and by activating ERK and Rac signaling. Cytokine 64:251-257, 2013.
13. Terazawa R, Akimoto N, Kato T, Itoh T, Fujita Y, Hamada N, Deguchi T, Iinuma M, Noda M, Nozawa Y, Ito M. A kavalactone derivative inhibits lipopolysaccharide-stimulated iNOS induction and NO production through activation of Nrf2 signaling in BV2 microglial cells. Pharmacol Res 71:34-43, 2013.
14. Iio A, Ito M, Itoh T, Terazawa R, Fujita Y, Nozawa Y, Ohsawa I, Ohno K, Ito M. Molecular hydrogen attenuates fatty acid uptake and lipid accumulation through downregulating CD36 expression in HepG2 cells. Med Gas Res 3:6, 2013.
15. Hamada N, Fujita Y, Kojima T, Kitamoto A, Akao Y, Nozawa Y, Ito M. MicroRNA expression profiling of NGF-treated PC12 cells revealed a critical role for miR-221 in neuronal differentiation. Neurochem Int 60: 743-750, 2012.
16. Kato T, Fujita Y, Nakane K, Kojima T, Nozawa Y, Deguchi T, Ito M. ETS1 promotes chemoresistance and invasion of paclitaxel-resistant, hormone-refractory PC3 prostate cancer cells by up-regulating MDR1 and MMP9 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417: 966-971, 2012.
17. Nakane K, Fujita Y, Terazawa R, Atsumi Y, Kojima K, Nozawa Y, Deguchi T, Ito M. Inhibition of cortactin and SIRT1 expression attenuates migration and invasion of prostate cancer DU145 cells. Int J Urol 19:71-79, 2012.
18. Ito M, Ibi T, Sahashi K, Ichihara M, Ito M, Ohno K. Open-label trial and randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial of hydrogen-enriched water for mitochondrial and inflammatory myopathies. Med Gas Res 1:24, 2011.
19. Itoh T, Hamada N, Terazawa R, Ito M, Ohno K, Ichihara M, Nozawa Y, Ito M. Molecular hydrogen inhibits lipopolysaccharide/interferon γ-induced nitric oxide production through modulation of signal transduction in macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:143-149, 2011.
20. Hamada N, Tanaka A, Fujita Y, Itoh T, Ono Y, Kitagawa Y, Tomimori N, Kiso Y, Akao Y, Nozawa Y, Ito M. Involvement of heme oxygenase-1 induction via Nrf2/ARE activation in protection against H2O2-induced PC12 cell death by a metabolite of sesamin contained in sesame seeds. Bioorg Med Chem 19:1959-1965, 2011.
21. Terazawa R, Garud DR, Hamada N, Fujita Y, Itoh T, Nozawa Y, Nakane K, Deguchi T, Koketsu M, Ito M. Identification of organoselenium compounds that possess chemopreventive properties in human prostate cancer LNCaP cells. Bioorg Med Chem 18:7001-7008, 2010.
22. Kojima K, Fujita Y, Nozawa Y, Deguchi T, Ito M. MiR-34a attenuates paclitaxel-resistance of hormone-refractory prostate cancer PC3 cells through direct and indirect mechanisms. Prostate 70:1501-1512, 2010
23. Fujita Y, Kojima K, Ohhashi R, Hamada N, Nozawa N, Kitamoto A, Sato A, Kondo S, Kojima T, Deguchi T, Ito M. MiR-148a attenuates paclitaxel-resistance of hormone-refractory, drug-resistant prostate cancer PC3 cells by regulating MSK1 expression. J Biol Chem 285:19076-19084, 2010.
24. Ohguchi k, Itoh T, Akao Y, Nozawa Y, Ito M. SIRT1 modulates expression of matrix metalloproteinases in human dermal fibroblasts. Br J Dermatol 163:689-694, 2010.
25. Tanaka A, Hamada N, Fujita Y, Itoh T, Nozawa Y, Iinuma M, Ito M. A novel kavalactone derivative protects against H2O2-induced PC12 cell death via Nrf2/ARE activation. Bioorg Med Chem 18:3133-3139, 2010.
26. Itoh T, Fujita Y, Ito M, Masuda A, Ohno K, Ichihara M, Kojima T, Nozawa Y, Ito M. Molecular hydrogen suppresses FcεRI-mediated signal transduction and prevents degranulation of mast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 389: 651-656, 2009.
27. Hamada N, Fujita Y, Tanaka A, Naoi M, Nozawa Y, Ono Y, Kitagawa Y, Tomimori N, Kiso Y, Ito M. Metabolites of sesamin, a major lignan in sesame seeds, induce neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells through activation of ERK1/2 signaling pathway. J Neural Transm 116:841-852, 2009.
28. Fu Y, Ito M, Fujita Y, Ito M, Ichihara M, Masuda A, Suzuki Y, Maesawa S, Kajita Y, Hirayama M, Ohsawa I, Ohta S, Ohno K. Molecular hydrogen is protective against 6-hydroxydopamine-induced nigrostriatal degeneration in a rat model of Parkinson's disease.Neurosci Lett 453:81-85, 2009.
29. Fujita Y, Kojima K, Hamada N, Ohhashi R, Akao Y, Nozawa Y, Deguchi T, Ito M. Effects of miR-34a on Cell growth and chemoresistance in prostate cancer PC3 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:114-119, 2008.
30. Kojima K, Ohhashi R, Fujita Y, Hamada N, Akao Y, Nozawa Y, Deguchi T, Ito M. A role for SIRT1 in cell growth and chemoresistance in prostate cancer PC3 and DU145 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:423-428, 2008.